Goncharov Nikolai Sergeevich
20 January 1994, Novosibirsk region, Krasnoobsk settlement
Biography, education, career:
From 2012 to 2016 studied at the Institute of History (Faculty of History) of the St. Petersburg State University at the Department of Ethnography and Anthropology under the bachelor program; from 2016 to 2018 studied at the Master's program of the Institute of History of St. Petersburg State University at the Department of Archeology. For both programs received diplomas with honors. The participant of ethnographic expeditions in the Arkhangelsk region, the Nenets Autonomous District, the Altaiskii Krai, the Altai Republic, the Leningrad, Pskov, regions and the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia). In 2015-2016 passed the course "Introduction to the study of Siberia and the North" program "Northern Studies", organized by the European University in St. Petersburg. Since 2018 - studying as postgraduate student in the Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography (Kunstkamera) of the Russian Academy of Sciences, under the supervision of Vladimir N. Davydov. The theme of the thesis is “The habitualization of space in the zone of cultural interaction (on the example of North Yakutia))”. Since November 1, 2018 N.S. Goncharov has been working as a junior researcher at the Department of Ethnography of Siberia, MAE RAS.
Areas of expertise: History and ethnography of the peoples of Siberia, the Extreme North, and the Far East; Ethnography of everyday life; Social anthropology and history; Traditional culture; Ethnoecology
Major scientific achievements:
Participation in the research project of the Russian Science Foundation «Energy of the Arctic and Siberia: the use of resources in the context of socio-economic and ecological change» (project № 18-18-00309, head of the project Vladimir N. Davydov)
• Siberian regionalism in the late XX-XXI centuries // Dynamics of ethnocultural processes: Theses of the Second International Conference of Students, Postgraduates and Young Scientists, April 10-11, 2015 / St. Petersburg State University; Department of Ethnography and Anthropology. St. Petersburg, 2015.
• Russian old-timers of the North-East of Siberia // Materials of the 53rd International Scientific Student Conference ISSC-2015: Ethnography / Novosibirsk state University. Novosibirsk, 2015.
• The village of Ust-Chagyrka, Krasnoshchekovsky district of the Altaiskii Krai: the dynamics of socio-economic processes // Proceedings of the 54th International Scientific Student Conference ISSC-2016: Ethnography / Novosibirsk state University. Novosibirsk, 2016.
• Zigzags of the identity of Russian old-timers of the North-East of Siberia in the XIX-XX centuries // Collection of theses of the III scientific conference of graduate students, students and young scientists "The dynamics of ethnocultural processes." St. Petersburg, 2016. Transformation of the culture of the old Russian residents of the North-East of Siberia as a result of the collectivization of the economy // Proceedings of the 55th International Scientific Student Conference ISSC-2017: Ethnography / Novosibirsk state University. Novosibirsk, 2017.
• Hunting in a modern system of subsistence of people in rural areas of the Nenets Autonomous District // Proceedings of the international research and practice conference of students, postgraduates and young scientists «Theory and practice of the modern geographic researches», devoted 220th anniversary of outstanding Russian voyager, geographer, vice chairman of the Russian Geographical Society – F.P. Litke in the frameworks of XIII Big Geographical Festival. St. Petersburg: Own publishing house, 2017.
• The socio-cultural Transformation of Russian Old Residents of the North-Eastern Siberia // Paper Abstracts of Conference Conversations from the North: Scholars of many disciplines and inhabitants of many places in dialogue with one another, with animals and plants, and with the land. UArctic Rectors' Forum and Conference, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, 2017.
• Object Space in the Culture of the Peoples of the North-East of Siberia // Abstracts of the Fourth All-Russian (with international participation) conference of postgraduate students, students and young scientists “The Dynamics of Ethnocultural Processes. Actualization and museification of the ethnic: in search of oneself ”. St. Petersburg., 2018.
• Animals in the narratives of the people of the village Zhigansk of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia) // Kunstkamera. St. Petersburg., 2018. № 2