Davydova Elena Andreevna
02 February 1985
Biography, education, career:
In 2012 she graduated with honors from the Department of Ethnography and Anthropology of the Faculty of History of St. Petersburg State University with the qualification “historian, teacher of history”. From 2012 to 2015 she was a postgraduate student at the department of the Siberian Ethnography of the Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Kunstkamera).
In January 2016 she defended her thesis for the degree of candidate of historical sciences. The theme of the dissertation is “Power relations in family-related groups of reindeer Chukchi (based on materials of the XIX – first half of the XX century). In 2013-2014 she worked as a teacher at the Department of Sociology of St. Petersburg University of Culture and Arts. In 2014-2016 she was the executor of the project supported by the Russian Scientific Fund: “Neo-Traditionalism: the Archaic Syndrome and the Construction of a New Sociality in the Context of Globalization Processes”. From 2017 – research fellow at the Department of Siberian Ethnography of the Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography of the Russian Academy of Sciences (Kunstkamera) and the head of the project supported by the Russian Scientific fund “Changing the nutritional system of residents of the tundra and coastal villages in Chukotka in the XX-XXI centuries: dynamics, grounds, sociocultural consequences.” Since 2019 she is a research fellow of the Chukotka branch of the M. K. Ammosov Northeast Federal University.
History and ethnography of the peoples of Siberia, the Extreme North, and the Far East, Historiography, Source studies and Methodology of Ethnography, the anthropology of power, the anthropology of food, kinship, the ethnography of the Chukchi, history of Siberian ethnography.
• Davydova E. A. Food as a power resource of Amguema reindeer herders: based on the materials of V. G. Kuznetsova // Ethnographic Review. 2019. No 2 (in Russian).
• Vate V., Davydova E. A. Food, Emotions and Social Relations among Amguema Chukchi // Kunstkamera. 2018. No. 2. P. 119-126 (in Russian).
• Davydova E. A. Food, Family and Work: Field Experience in the Amguema Village in Chukotka // Kunstkamera. 2018. No. 1. P. 151-157 (in Russian).
• Davydova E.A., Davydov V.N. Diet of the north-eastern Chukotka reindeer herders: the change of food autonomy regime // 5th International Multi-disciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM 2018. Conference Proceedings, Vol. 5. Ancience Science, Issue 2.2. Anthropology, Archaeology, History, Philosophy, Medieval and Renaissance Studies. Sofia: STEF92 Technology Ltd. P. 27-34.
• Davydova E. A. “The only thing I have more or less succeeded in is the Chukchi cuisine”: the field work of V. G. Kuznetsova in the Amguema tundra, 1948-1951 // Materials of field research of the MAE RAS. Issue 18 / Ed. ed. E.G. Fedorov. St. Petersburg: MAE RAS, 2018. P. 128-147 (in Russian).
• Davydova E. A. Modern strategies for obtaining and distributing food resources among Chukotka city residents // University scientific journal. 2018. No. 38. P. 113-121 (in Russian).
• Davydova E. A. Power relations in the camps of Amguema reindeer herders (on the materials of V. G. Kuznetsova) // Social relations in the historical and cultural landscape in Siberia: a collection of scientific articles. SPb .: MAE RAS, 2017. P. 136-188 (in Russian).
• Davydova E. A. “Fellowship through the wife” among Chukchi: an example of creating a kinship // Ethnographic Review. 2016. No. 4. P. 75-87 (in Russian).
• Davydova E. A., Davydov V. N. The problem of the reindeer domestication of Chukotka according to V. G. Bogoraz (on the 150th anniversary of the birth of V. Bogoraz) // Scientific Opinion. 2016. No. 11. P. 22-28 (in Russian).
• Davydova E. A. Power relations in family-related groups of reindeer Chukchi (based on materials of the XIX – first half of the XX century). Specialty 07.00.07 - ethnography, ethnology, anthropology. Abstract of dissertation for the degree of candidate of historical sciences. SPb .: "Flacon Print", 2015. 23 p. (in Russian)
• Davydova E. A. “Voluntary Death” and “New Life” in Amguema Tundra (Chukotka): The Tymnenentyn’s Aspiration to Go to the Dead World // Herald of Archeology, Anthropology and Ethnography. 2015. № 4 (31). P. 125-131 (in Russian).
• Davydova E. A. Actions, feelings, perception: analysis of the field work of V. G. Kuznetsova // Theory and practice of research of ethno-cultural complexes: dedicated to the 65th anniversary of the birth of V. A. Kozmin. SPb, 2015. P. 12-14 (in Russian).
• Davydova E. A. The Writings of Tynevil’: A Microhistorical Analysis of One Invention // Anthropological Forum. 2015. No. 26. P. 171-206 (in Russian).
• Davydova E. A. Field diaries of V. G. Kuznetsova as an ethnographic source // University scientific journal. Philological and historical sciences, art history: Scientific journal. 2015. No. 15. P. 160-167 (in Russian).
• Davydova E. A. “Consumption procedures” of the state order by Chukchi (based on materials from the end of the XVIII - XIX centuries) // Theory and practice of social development. 2015. No. 19. P. 135-138 (in Russian).
• Vereshchaka E. A. Exchange of wives in the Chukchi traditional culture // Algebra of kinship: Kinship. Kinship systems. Kinship term systems. SPb .: MAE RAS, 2013. Vol. 14. P. 233-239 (in Russian).
• Vereshchaka E. A. “Transformation of Sex” in the Chukchi Culture // Radlovsky Collection: Scientific Research and Museum Projects of the MAE RAS in 2012. St. Petersburg: MAE RAS, 2013. P. 324-334 (in Russian).